Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Iranian Women Rock the Planet

Weather is fascinating, isn’t it? Don’t you ever wonder why tsunamis, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and volcanoes happen? I mean really know, not the groundless speculation that comes from meteorologists and other pseudo-scientific types. When I want to know the truth about the weather I go to the source—God. And if I want to know what God has to say about the weather I go to God’s spokesmen—the clergy.

That’s how I learned, for example, that Hurricane Karina was caused by homosexuals planning to hold a Gay Pride Parade in New Orleans. And that’s how I discovered that the hurricane that devastated Haiti was caused by an 1804 pact with the Devil made by the enslaved Haitians in exchange for the power to throw off their French slave masters. And that how I found out that the tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of Muslims in Indonesia was caused by the laxity of the victims’ adherence to Islam.

OK. But what about all the earthquakes shaking up the planet lately? What causes them—and don’t tell me anything about plate tectonics, Genesis says nothing about them so I don’t want to know about them.

Thank God I don’t have to rely on scientists for the truth. When it comes to earthquakes I can turn to my favorite meteorocleric the Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi. Mr. Sedighi has revealed the fact that earthquakes are caused by women wearing immodest clothing and behaving promiscuously: “Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes.”

Iranian Muslim woman are required by law to cover themselves from head to foot, but some manage to show off their curves anyway, and in doing so endanger us all. Listen to this meteorological prediction by earthquake expert Carole King, “I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky tumbling down.” If burkas can’t save us, we are doomed.

So homosexuals and rebellious slaves cause hurricanes, woman cause earthquakes, and lax believers cause tsunamis, but what causes volcanoes? I’m sure some scientist somewhere has a theory about this, but I’m not going to fall for that. My guess? Lesbians, especially lesbians from Iceland. If every you want to have a tube of hot lava to explode just show pictures of even hotter lesbians. Works every time.

6 comments:

dtedac said...

Rabbi Rami,
I get tired of hearing how a whole gender of humanity is a stumbling block to the other gender by their mere existence. If God created them man and woman, how can anyone take this sort of attitude seriously? This is just a crude power play through guilt and ignorance. And associating our behavior with the weather is crazier, because the earth would have blown to bits by now given all the dumb things humans have done to each other for thousands of year.

David

Jeni Lee said...

Thanks for making me laugh...needed that tonight!

Tiffany at Patheya said...

I have just discovered some of your books and I'm so happy to read your words.
I am helping to moderate a Taoism facebook group, and there is a discussion whether Christians can be Taoists.
I quoted your book on 'The Wisdom of Solomon.'

I woke up a few days ago and was guided to read Ecclesiastes, and found it remarkable. And I thank you for your translation.

With much honour for your wit and wisdom,

Rabbi Rami said...

Thanks for the comments. To David: I don't think we are blaming women for earthquakes; maybe God created women as a means to create earthquakes.

As for Tiffany, can a Christian be a Taoist? If you haven't read it, please take a look at Christ, the Eternal Tao by Hieromonk Damascene. I found in a Greek Orthodox Christian bookstore in Nashville. You need to read this book.

And, Jeni Lee, laughter is the key to my sanity. My Zen Master, Sasaki Roshi, once told me that you should start each day by sitting on the edge of your bed and laugh. At first it would be forced, but then it will be natural. Laugh until you cry, and then go about your day.

Karen said...

Thank you for the laugh! All this weather talk made me think of "It's Raining Men" by The Weather GIRLS!

Di said...

I was in Miami for Hurricane Andrew. I'm trying to think of what brought it on...oh yes...it was our one year anniversary and the winds were whipped up by the enormous sighs of all the people who had money on us not making it a year!